jQuery Grid Plugin - PQGrid
ParamQuery grid is open source jQuery grid plugin for displaying and manipulating tabular data in rich Ajax applications.
Inspired by MS Excel and Google spreadsheet, it leaves no stone unturned when it comes to performance. It surpasses the benchmarks hitherto set by well known commercial and open source grids for gracefully handling largest number of records.
Bestowed with frugal memory architecture and virtual rendering, it delivers similar performance irrespective of whether it's 10 or 1 million records.
It blends very well with other jQueryUI controls and is based upon jQueryUI Widget factory which makes for very good design pattern for UI controls with consistent API.
Able to create beautiful and prettier grids and enriched with wide range and variety of features, it's equally suitable for displaying basic HTML tables and for advanced use w.r.t. the features enlisted below.
- Local and remote (Ajax) sorting
- Local and remote (Ajax) paging
- Multiple row and cell selections with full customization
- Hiding / Showing columns
- Resizable columns and grid
- Grouping of columns
- Freeze any number of Columns like Excel
- Summary of Rows
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- Search / Filter
- Internationalization and Localization
- Display any data format like HTML, Array, XML, JSON, etc sourced locally or remotely (Ajax)
- Virtual & Infinite Scrolling (Demo with 1 million records)
- Inline Editing of cells
- Custom cell rendering & editing
- Theme Roller ready with 24 ready to use themes
- Custom themes
- Full keyboard navigation
- Can be used with any server side framework e.g. ASP.NET, MVC, JSP, JSF, PHP, etc
- Consistent look and functionality across all major browsers IE(6+), Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc
- Many more
ParamQuery Grid is themeroller ready, which implies one can choose from jQueryUI gallery of 24 ready to use themes or one can roll one's own theme with just a few mouse clicks.
ParamQuery Grid is based upon object oriented (OOP) design principles which facilitates logic encapsulation and helps write easier to maintain scripts.
It scales well for medium to large size development teams.
See an example here.
Added: Sept 11, 2013
Last Modified: Feb 26, 2014
ParamQuery Team is very pleased to announce availability of
which is API enhanced and feature rich version of ParamQuery Grid.
The following features provided by Pro supplement the basic features of pqGrid.
- Reorder columns using drag and drop
- Multiple column sorting
- Freeze any number of rows like Excel
- Filter API
- Toolbar API
- Column header filter interface
- Row grouping with multiple fields
- Unprecendented Support for unlimited columns
- Export to Excel / CSV
- Checkbox selection
- Validation rules
- Keys filtering for numeric fields
- Row Editing
- Nested Grids
- Row detail templates
- ATOMIC transactions (commit & rollback)
- Copy selections to ClipBoard/Excel (v2.0.4)
- Themed Scrollbars (v2.0.4)
- Server side examples in ASP.NET (MVC)
- Server side examples in PHP5
- Many more